Ahead of Saturday’s Play-off Final at Worthing, here’s a look at the Lilywhites’ last meetings with Worthing.

Saturday 7th November 2015

Faversham Town 0 Worthing 0

Faversham Town and Worthing played out a goalless draw after an evenly contested match that was more entertaining than the scoreline suggests. The Lilywhites came into this game on the back of successive away victories at Whyteleafe and Hastings United and had the first clear-cut chance with four minutes on the clock. Returning midfielder Josh Stanford found George Monger, whose in-swinging cross narrowly evaded away goalkeeper Rikki Banks’ left-hand post. The best opportunity for the visitors came on the 26th minute, as captain Ryan Cooper cleared Callum Overton’s effort off the line. Omar Bugiel thought he had given the Rebels the lead on 57 minutes when he headed home a right-wing cross. However, the goal was ruled out for a foul. Meanwhile, with the home team having the better chances after the restart, Stuart King hit the crossbar, while Liam King, Daniel Carrington and Stanford all forced Banks into action.

Match video

Saturday 15th August 2015

Worthing 0 Faversham Town 1

Faversham Town picked up their first Ryman South away victory of the 2015/16 season at the second attempt through a 1-0 win at Worthing. The visitors took the lead in the latter stages of the first-half when Dean Grant found the bottom corner from an improbable angle for his first competitive goal of the campaign, just four days after the frontman had been denied a late equaliser in Town’s 1-0 defeat to Ramsgate. The Rebels, on their new 3G pitch which was being played on for the first time in a competitive fixture, had dominated for parts of the first period and really began to take control after the restart. The likes of Lloyd Dawes, Brannon O’Neil and Ben Pope all went close for the hosts, while skipper Steve Metcalf forced Lilywhites goalkeeper Robert French into action on several occasions during the second-half. But, the resolute away defence held firm for an important three points.

Match video

Tuesday 22nd November 2014

Worthing 1 Faversham Town 2

Jack Harris was the Faversham Town hero, as he grabbed a late winner and extended the away side’s stay at the top of the Ryman South table. Worthing broke the deadlock on 10 minutes when Harvey Sparks lobbed Lilywhite’s goalkeeper Simon Overland and found the net. Though, six minutes later, the visitors equalised. Dean Grant powered home a magnificent Jamie Maxted cross from just inside the penalty area. The Rebels were reduced to ten-men on the 55th minute. George Hayward was awarded a second yellow card by Referee Mr Gray for a late tackle on Maxted. Both teams had chances to grab a crucial third goal in the remaining 35 minutes, although, it looked like both sides would have to settle for a point. This was until Harris, 20, found an open goal for his first Faversham goal, since his permanent move to the club, following a mistake from home keeper Jack Fagan in stoppage-time.

Match video available from https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zf3RpO3ik0k&feature=youtu.be

Faversham Town will visit Worthing on Saturday afternoon for the Ryman South Play-off Final.

Faversham Town will visit Worthing on Saturday afternoon for the Ryman South Play-off Final.